- Suvo Strategic Minerals (SUV) has begun drilling at its flagship White Knight Kaolin project in WA
- 2000 metres of aircore drilling will be carried out at White Knight as Suvo aims to upgrade the existing inferred resource
- The company expects assay results and resource estimates from the drilling to be returned by the end of 2020
- Meanwhile, further detailed metallurgical test work will be carried out on the samples recovered from the program
- Suvo will then focus on end-user analysis, including putting together an offtake price
- Shares in SUV are trading for 7.7 cents, up 2.67 per cent
Kaolin and silica sand exploration company Suvo Strategic Minerals (SUV) has begun drilling at its flagship White Knight Kaolin project.
2000 metres of aircore drilling across 150 holes has been planned for Suvo’s 100 per cent owned flagship project, located 210 kilometres east of Perth, WA.
The drilling will support upgrading White Knight’s maiden inferred JORC resource of 31.5 million tonnes of bright white kaolinized granite to an indicated or measured category.
SUVO expects the drilling program to wrap up in approximately two weeks, with initial samples to then be sent off for mineral assay laboratory testing and results expected back by the end of the year.
Additionally, bulk samples from the drilling will be sent to the U.K. for specified metallurgical test work — the results of which will further define end-user analysis and potential off-take prices.
“Detailed metallurgical test work will be carried out to upgrade end-use specifications for various markets. Samples of products will be distributed to various companies leading to potential off-take agreements,” Suvo Non-Executive Director Ian Wilson said.
“As this is a newly discovered deposit, we are excited to conduct further work to fully understand the geology as our maiden inferred resource of 31.5 million tonnes sits on only half a per cent of our tenement area,” Ian added.
Suvo shares are currently trading 2.67 per cent in the green, worth 7.7 cents each at 2:18 pm AEDT.