- Mining company Suvo Strategic Minerals (SUV) has wrapped up its resource drilling program at its White Knight Kaolin Project in WA
- A total of 61 holes and approximately 1,550 metres of drilling has now been completed at White Knight — with each hole finding kaolin granite
- Suvo will use the drilling program results to upgrade the project’s existing inferred resource of 31.5Mt of bright white kaolin
- SUV is anticipating the return of sample results sent off to a lab, and an associated resource update, by the end of the year
- Shares in Suvo Strategic Minerals are currently trading up 5 per cent, worth 10.5 cents each
Suvo Strategic Minerals (SUV) has wrapped up its resource drilling program at the company’s flagship White Knight Kaolin Project in Western Australia.
The mining stock is planning to use the results from the program to upgrade the project’s existing inferred resource of 31.5Mt of bright white kaolin.
A total of 61 holes and approximately 1,550 metres of aircore drilling was completed at White Knight, which is located 210 kilometres east of Perth.
Pleasingly, Suvo reports white kaolinised granite was present in every hole drilled with mineralisation starting at between 2 and 6 metres.
The mineralisation found appears to be open to the south, and SUV advises drill rigs will return to the site within this month to further expand the size of the resource.
“The drilling campaign has provided valuable information for the company: not only was the aim to increase the size and improve the category of the resource, it also vindicated our decision to run the stepped out program to the south,” Non-Executive Director Ian Wilson said.
“Every hole drilled on that boundary produced between 10 metres and 20 metres of ultrabright white kaolinised granite — indicating the resource is open to the south and continuing,” Ian continued.
“As a result, the Company will mobilise a drill rig to return within the month to further step out the area,” he added.
The dual commodity business has already sent off 135 composite samples to a lab, with results expected back within the next few weeks.
At that point, Suvo will be able to update White Knight’s inferred resource. While, at the completion of the infill and step-out drilling programs, additional bulk samples of product will be sent to the U.K. for specified metallurgical test work.
The results of those samples will help the company further define end-user specifications, grades and quality, assist engineers with feasibility studies and
allow negotiations to begin on off-take agreements.
Shares in Suvo Strategic Minerals are currently trading up 5 per cent, worth 10.5 cents apiece at 3:00 pm AEDT.