- After a comprehensive selection process, VGI Partners (VGI) has appointed Jonathan Howie as CEO
- The global equity management company appointed Howie to help lead it through its next phase of growth
- Jonathan previously worked in leadership roles at Macquarie Bank and investment management firm, BlackRock
- Executive Chairman Robert Luciano is looking forward to working alongside the new CEO to expand VGI’s capabilities
- VGI ended the day 1.46 per cent in the red to trade at $7.40
After a comprehensive selection process, VGI Partners (VGI) has appointed Jonathan Howie as CEO.
The global equity management company said the appointment is part of its focus to build on its investor relations, and operational and risk management capabilities.
Howie brings decades of leadership experience in the finance and capital management sectors.
Most recently, Jonathan was the Managing Director for investment management firm, BlackRock, after six years as the head of different departments. Prior to this, he worked for Macquarie Bank at its Sydney and Hong Kong locations.
“Jonathan is well-suited to take our company strategy forward with the skill and experience needed to drive long-term value for all our shareholders,” Executive Chairman Robert Luciano said.
Luciano will continue his role as Executive Chairman to help deliver VGI Partner’s Asian and global strategies, which it will do through its two other ASX-listed arms — VGI Partners Global Investments (VG1) and VGI Partners Asian Investments (VG8).
“I’m excited to work with Robert and the team to further enhance VGI’s investor communications and operational capabilities, and in due course, drive the next phase of growth as we leverage VGI’s platform to develop existing and additional strategies,” Jon said.
Howie will commence in his role on April 12.
VGI ended the day 1.46 per cent in the red to trade at $7.40.