Total
0
Shares
5G Networks (ASX:5GN) - Non Executive Director, Jason Ashton
Non Executive Director, Jason Ashton
Source: Computerworld
Market Herald logo

Subscribe

Be the first with the news that moves the market
  • Webcentral (WCG) and 5G Networks (5GN) agree to a merger, under which WBC will acquire 100 per cent of 5GN shares
  • The move concludes nearly 12 months of acquisition speculation and is tipped to produce $2 million in cost synergies
  • Under the arrangement, 5GN shareholders are set to receive two Webcentral ordinary shares for each 5GN share held
  • 5GN directors have recommended its shareholders accept the deal, which will be voted upon in October this year
  • Webcentral shares are up 5.26 per cent and trading at 50 cents, while 5G Networks shares are up 7.16 per cent to trade at 96 cents

Webcentral (WCG) and 5G Networks (5GN) have agreed to a merger, under which WBC will acquire 100 per cent of 5GN shares.

Pending shareholder approval, 5GN will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Webcentral, concluding nearly 12 months of acquisition speculation.

Broadly, the companies believe the merger will diversify the business within its wider corporate strategy to become an ASX300 listed company.

The move is hoped to cut approximately $2 million in operating platform consolidation, corporate cost rationalisation and labour spending and drive a 20 per cent Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortisation margin.

Under the arrangement, 5GN shareholders are set to receive two Webcentral ordinary shares for each 5GN share they hold at the Scheme record date.

5GN shareholders will hold approximately 52 per cent of the combined entity and Webcentral shareholders will own the remaining 48 per cent once the scheme is implemented.

All 5GN directors are encouraging shareholders, with the exception of Joe Demase and Joe Gangi due to their interests in Webcentral.

The merger is set to be finalised by November this year should it receive necessary shareholder approval at a scheme meeting scheduled for October.

Webcentral shares were up 5.26 per cent and trading at 50 cents, while 5G Networks shares were up 7.16 per cent to trade at 96 cents at 1:37 pm AEST.

WCG by the numbers
More From The Market Herald

" Crown Resorts (ASX:CWN) keeps Vic. licence despite damning report

Crowns Resorts (CWN) will keep its Victorian casino licence despite a damning report labelling the operator’s behaviour as “illegal, dishonest, unethical and exploitative”.

" Smartgroup Corporation’s (ASX:SIQ) takeover offer abandoned

An offer to buy out all of the shares in Smartgroup Corporation (SIQ) and take over the employee management services business has been
Aussie Broadband (ASX:ABB) - Managing Director, Phillip Britt

" Aussie Broadband (ASX:ABB) confirms takeover talks with Over The Wire (ASX:OTW)

In response to an article by The Australian, Aussie Broadband (ABB) has confirmed it is in discussions with Over The Wire (OTW) regarding
Cashrewards (ASX:CRW) - CEO, Bernard Wilson

" ANZ’s (ASZ:ANZ) investment arm to buy Cashrewards (ASX:CRW)

ANZ’s (ANZ) investment arm will aim to buy all of the share in fellow ASX-lister Cashrewards (CRW).