- Zelira Therapeutics (ZLD) has teamed up with U.S.-based SprinJene to launch cannabis-based toothpaste in the United States
- The cannabidiol (CBD) toothpaste is derived from hemp and designed to give users the benefits of cannabinoids with no psychoactive effects
- Zelira says using CBD in oral and dental care has a range of benefits, including eliminating bacteria, restoring the pH balance in the mouth, and even reducing bone loss
- The companies will launch the product through SprinJene’s distribution channel in the States, which includes brick-and-mortar and online retailers
- This is just the first of several upcoming hemp-derived oral care products that Zelira plans to launch under its new U.S.-based subsidiary
- Shares in Zelira are up 8.64 per cent, trading at 8.8 cents each
Zelira Therapeutics (ZLD) has teamed up with U.S.-based SprinJene to launch cannabis-based toothpaste in the United States.
The cannabidiol (CBD) toothpaste formula was developed by Zelira in partnership with SprinJene CEO Dr Sayed Ibrahim.
This is just the first of several hemp-derived oral care products that Zelira plans to launch under its Zelira Oral Care subsidiary.
According to Zelira, research shows that using CBD in oral and dental care helps naturally eliminate decay-causing bacteria, restore the pH balance in the mouth, reduce gum inflammation, and even reduce bone loss associated with gum disease.
The Zelira-SpinJene CBD Toothpaste is made from a tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-free CBD distillate derived from hemp. Essentially, this means the product has no psychoactive effects, but users still get all of the benefits of cannabinoids for their oral health.
SprinJene CEO Dr Sayed Ibrahim said the inherent anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and homeostatic properties of CBD are shown to be powerful tools to protect and improve oral health.
“Research is showing that cannabinoids will be a major part of the future of oral and Zelira was the perfect partner for SprinJene to set the industry SprinJene to set the industry standard in broad-spectrum, hemp-derived oral care formulations,” Dr Ibrahim said.
Zelira’s U.S. CEO and Managing Director, Dr Oludare Odumosu, said the company is “thrilled” to enter the national oral care market alongside a company like SprinJene.
“SprinJene was an early adopter of nature-based oral care, and they are continuing to innovate now by recognising the effectiveness of CBD and other cannabinoids in improving our head-to-toe health,” he said.
The new toothpaste product will be distributed in the States through existing SprinJene distribution channels, which includes retail stores like Bed Bad & Beyond, Central Market, and Sprouts as well as eCommerce platforms like Amazon.
Moreover, Zelira said it is in discussions to get access to SprinJene’s global distribution networks in France, Russia, the U.K., Singapore, and more.
Investors seem impressed by the partnership, with Zelira shares up 8.64 per cent at 12:03 pm AEDT and trading at 8.8 cents each.